Do You Need A Post-Decree Modification?

Talk to a family law attorney at Aglietti, Offret & Woofter if your child custody order, child support order or spousal support order is no longer suitable or workable. You may need to ask an Alaska family law court to modify your court order because:

  • You or the other parent has had a change in work scheduling. Perhaps one of you now has a job that takes you out of town frequently. One of you may need to move out of town or out of state for work or family reasons.
  • Perhaps one of you has been deployed in the military. You want your parents or other close family members to be able to take your place in child visitation during your deployment. We advise on grandparents' rights in this scenario and other family law situations.
  • You or the other parent may have experienced a significant financial change of circumstances. Perhaps you were laid off or promoted. You may have experienced a business downturn or sold property.
  • If one was paying spousal support and the other is about to remarry, it is important to review the original spousal support order. Did it include contingencies that will allow discontinuation of spousal support? If a change to the court order is appropriate, talk to an attorney at our law firm.

You and your former spouse may agree on the terms of a post-decree modification. If so, getting it changed may present few obstacles. On the other hand, you and the other person may disagree. Legal action may be more complex in such a case. At Aglietti, Offret & Woofter in Anchorage, we are up to the challenge of representing you in light of family law problems and disputes.

Our Alaska Law Firm Can Help You Complete An Enforcement Petition

Has your child's other parent failed to bring your child home on time after scheduled visitation? Are you concerned that the other parent does not watch out for your child's health, safety or welfare for any reason? Perhaps your ex-spouse was supposed to sell the marital home within a period of time and split the proceeds with you — but has not. Our attorneys can explain options for enforcing the custody or support order or property division aspects of your divorce.

Do Not Rely On Informal Agreements With Your Ex-Spouse. Talk To A Lawyer.

Ask Aglietti, Offret & Woofter to help you pursue enforcement of a court order or a modification to custody or support order. Call 907-519-6605 or send an email through this website to request a consultation.